Monday, January 31, 2011

Simple Savory Pork Roast

I've not heard of that Zooborns blog, but I look forward to checking it out with the boys.

I've been trying to branch out and try new pork recipes. I've never been a pork fan, but that's because my only pork experience as a child was with fatty pork chops, salty ham and bacon, neither of which I like. I've discovered I actually like pork if it's a nice lean cut. I got a couple of pork loin roasts on sale a couple of weeks ago and tried out this recipe. It was yummy. I served it with roasted potatoes (drizzled with olive oil, salt, rosemary and Parmesan...also delicious...I'll post that recipe, too).

Here's the pork roast recipe I got from Allrecipes.com:

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (I used a couple teaspoons of dried rosemary)
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds boneless pork loin roast

DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.In a large, resealable plastic bag, mix rosemary, garlic salt, thyme, and pepper. Place pork roast in the bag, seal, and toss until thoroughly coated with the garlic salt mixture. Transfer to a medium baking dish.
3.Cook pork roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, pork is one of the few dinners that most, if not all, of our kids will eat (sometimes Jesse rejects any dinner idea just because he's 4, so that doesn't really count).

    The recipe that we like calls for orange marmalade (although we use mango jam because we have TONS of it), brown mustard, thyme and garlic. Super simple and really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of with Mandi on pork, I've never been a fan of the pork chop (however, you totally lost me at bacon), but Justin loves it, so we'll definitely give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete