Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bavarian Ice Cream

The other night Amy was asking us for some ice cream recipes, so I decided to post them here. Jamie got this one from Barbara Rawlins. He said you would all know who she is. We haven't made this in a while, but I remember it being very yummy. However, we cut the sugar WAY down (I think to about 2 cups or maybe even 1 cup) and it was still plenty sweet because of the bananas and pineapple. So, depending on your sweet tooth, you can play around with the sugar content.

4 cups sugar
4 cups milk
4 cups cream
2 cups orange juice
1 cup lemon juice
4 bananas mashed
1 15.5 oz can crushed pineapple undrained

Mix all ingredients together and freeze in your ice cream maker. (Makes approximately 4 quarts)

1 comment:

  1. I remember this one! But Barbara would really disapprove of you cutting down the sugar :)

    ReplyDelete